International Women’s Day Quotes
International Women’s Day 2023: A Day to Celebrate Women’s Achievements & Advocate for Gender Equality
International Women’s Day, celebrated on March 8 each year, is a day to commemorate the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. This day also calls for gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls around the world.
Established in 1909, International Women’s Day has been officially recognized by the United Nations since 1975 and is now celebrated by countries around the world.
On this day, it is important to celebrate and pay tribute to the women who have paved the way for future generations and to acknowledge the ongoing work that needs to be done to achieve gender equality.
Ten Quotes for International Women’s Day
Inspirational quotes on International Women’s Day can serve as a source of motivation and encouragement for individuals and communities working toward a more equal world.
Ten notable empowering women quotes include:
- “I think the degree of a nation’s civilization may be measured by the degree of enlightenment of its women.” —Helen Keller
- “A woman is like a tea bag — you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” —Amelia Earhart
- “The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity.” —Susan B. Anthony
- “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” ―Melinda Gates
- “I raise up my voice, not so I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard.” —Malala Yousafzai
- “The measure of a life, after all, is not its duration, but its donation.” —Corrie ten Boom
- “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.” —Rosa Parks
- “I often say to people who tell me that they would like to serve the poor as I do, ‘What I can do, you cannot. What you can do, I cannot. But together we can do something beautiful for God.’” —Mother Teresa
- “We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.” —Marie Curie
Convoy of Hope’s International Women’s Day Celebration
Convoy:Women — dedicated to empowering women and communities in need — is celebrating International Women’s Day 2023 by hosting a celebration aimed at providing education and resources to women in underserved communities. Demi-Leigh Tebow, who was crowned Miss Universe 2017, was last year’s keynote speaker. Celebrity Chef Simon Majumdar is this year’s special guest. Tebow and Majumdar have been instrumental in helping Convoy empower women.
Convoy’s Women’s Empowerment program focuses on job training and economic empowerment, providing access to health services, and supporting women in leadership roles.
Join us for lunch in either Springfield, Missouri, or Dallas, Texas, to celebrate International Women’s Day! Learn about Convoy of Hope’s Women’s Empowerment initiative and how you can empower women and girls around the world.
Each attendee will receive a special gift from Convoy:Women. You will also have the opportunity to participate in the fun opportunities listed below.
- Packing care kits for women
- Photo booth
- Door prizes
- Convoy:Women Store
International Women’s Day 2023 is an opportunity to celebrate the achievements of women and girls, raise awareness about the ongoing challenges they face, and call for action to promote gender equality. By working together, we can create a world where women have equal opportunities and are empowered to reach their full potential.