What We Do
Help women find new opportunities.
When women are empowered, the cycle of poverty is broken. With your help, Convoy of Hope partners with women as they start their own businesses and care for their families. Empowering women and girls to advocate for themselves and one another creates opportunities that last for generations.
After I joined, I have seen so many changes in my family. I can pay for all my children’s expenses. I even have savings!
By the numbers.
Just over half of women between 15 and 49 years of age who are married or in unions, make their own decisions about intimate relations and use of contraceptives and health services.
In the least developed countries, only 60% of girls complete primary school, and just 30% enroll in secondary school.
Empowering women. Strengthening families.
Women & Girls Empowered in 2021
Women & Girls Trained Since 2010
Countries With Women’s Empowerment Programs in 2021
Provides Seed Capital for One Woman To Start a Business
Give women the tools to build happier, healthier futures.
Convoy partners with women to create a customized and holistic strategy that fits their needs.
When a woman generates an income, it doesn’t only benefit her — the entire community profits. Through the training techniques below, Convoy of Hope equips women to start and successfully operate their own businesses.
- Financial education
- Vocational training
- Cooperative savings groups
- Providing start-up capital (not a loan)
Family Health Empowerment
Convoy of Hope trains and educates women, including expectant mothers, in early childhood development, nutrition, health, hygiene, literacy, cooking, and even small-scale agriculture.
- Participants who engage in Convoy’s programming have the opportunity to receive a month’s worth of food to help supplement their diet.
- We provide mothers — with emphasis on those expecting — with vitamins for both themselves and their children.
- Mothers with children under 5 years old can have them monitored through Convoy’s programming to both reduce malnutrition and maintain healthy development.
Girls’ Empowerment brings educational programs to schools and communities in order to raise the next generation of leaders. Girls in this program develop life skills and learn about culturally relevant issues like the ones listed below.
- General health
- Emotional health
- Positive decision-making
- Gender-based violence
- Harmful beliefs and practices
- Menstrual health and hygiene