The days, months, or years a child spends without proper nutrition create problems that last a lifetime. But when you feed children through Convoy of Hope, you become part of the solution.Donate Now
What We Do
Feed the world, and they’ll keep changing it.
When you feed children with Convoy of Hope, you open the door to tremendous possibilities. You and Convoy — together — are strategically investing at a critical time in their lives. By feeding children in schools, we are providing them with the vital nutrition they need to thrive.
The food that Convoy of Hope brings to the feeding program center is very helpful because it’s nutritious and has vitamins that help the children study and feel strong.
Partner, El Salvador
By the numbers.
Approximately half of all deaths of children under 5 can be linked to undernutrition. These deaths primarily occur in low-income and middle-income countries.
Insufficient nutrition compromises the immune system, leading to poor health and lower school attendance. It is estimated that 200-500 million school days are lost per year due to poor health.
Well-fed and changing the world.
Countries With Feeding Programs
Engaged in Convoy’s Children’s Feeding Program
Provides Meals for a Child for an Entire School Year
Trained in Nutrition, Water Sanitation, Food Preparation & Disease Prevention in 2021
Let’s feed children together.
Meals are the starting point to building strong, thriving communities. Therefore, Convoy of Hope’s goal is to offer nutritious food, access to clean and safe water, knowledge of healthy environments, and the opportunity to succeed in school.
Feed Children Nutritious Meals
Many of the children engaged in the feeding program receive their only meal of the day from Convoy of Hope. That reality fuels Convoy’s commitment to addressing the problems of hunger and poverty simultaneously. For this reason, each time Convoy opens a site to feed children, the process starts with building customized plans for every neighborhood, city, and country where Convoy works. Each program center provides:
- Regular assessments from local, qualified nutritionists.
- Additional nutrition for children experiencing stunting or wasting.
- Pre-natal and post-natal nutrition for children and mothers.
- Access to deworming medication twice per year.
- Meals supplemented with multivitamins or specific vitamins and minerals.
- A medical intervention plan for new beneficiaries experiencing extreme malnutrition, stunting, or wasting.
Provide Clean & Safe Water
Water is life. Without access to it, communities cannot thrive. Whether it’s through digging a well or setting up a filtration system, Convoy of Hope is committed to doing what is necessary to get clean water to those who lack access to it. Your support of the Children’s Feeding initiative helps:
- Ensure enough clean water is available for students to drink and wash.
- Dig or repair wells.
- Source piped water, if available.
- Evaluate existing latrines or construct new ones.
- Ensure access to handwashing stations.
- Provide education and training on safe water practices.
- Provide proper (sanitary) methods to dispose of feminine hygiene products.
Create Healthy Environments
The strategy for Children’s Feeding starts with a meal, but food is only part of the solution. Convoy of Hope partners with communities to develop healthy environments, provide training, and evaluate infrastructure needs. Convoy’s work ensures that:
- Food preparation facilities use environmentally and economically sustainable stoves.
- All kitchens meet Convoy of Hope’s food storage and sanitation standards.
- Preexisting safety issues at program centers are addressed.
Poor nutrition, improper hygiene, and lack of sanitation can derail a child’s life. To lessen the impact of these issues, Convoy of Hope provides:
- Quarterly training in WASH (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene).
- Expectant mothers with information about proper nutrition, hygiene, and infant wellness practices.
- Resources that promote attendance and success in a child’s education.
Help us feed children.
When you give through Convoy of Hope, you can make the difference in the life of a child.