In 2022, Convoy supporters helped transform the lives of more than 465,000 children and their families, brought tangible hope to Ukrainians in crisis, empowered women around the world to rise above poverty, provided disaster relief to desperate communities, and so much more.
As December 31 steadily approaches, so does the tax-deductible-giving deadline for 2022. There are many ways to make your end-of-year donation, and they all make a difference in the lives of others when you use them to support Convoy of Hope.
Five Ways to Support Convoy
- AmazonSmile – Purchasing gifts in preparation for the holidays? Use AmazonSmile to shop, and AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of eligible purchases to the charitable organization you select. It’s totally free to use! And by selecting Convoy of Hope in your AmazonSmile profile, a portion of every purchase helps serve people in need.
- RoundUp – Find yourself rounding up gift purchases in your head? Use the RoundUp app to “round up” your purchases in real life, and donate a few cents with each transaction. It might seem insignificant at the time, but each donation goes a long way in meeting the needs of vulnerable communities.
- Alexa/Amazon Pay – If you use any Alexa-enabled devices, simply say, “Alexa, make a donation to Convoy of Hope,” and Alexa will help you donate any amount using your Amazon Pay account.
- PayPal, Apple Pay & Crypto – Make a donation to Convoy of Hope through any of these platforms.
- Text-to-Give – At any time, text GIVE to 68828 to donate straight from your mobile device. Each gift benefits the Feed the World Fund, which supports all of Convoy’s strategic initiatives around the world. Using text-to-give is an easy and convenient way to support Convoy’s global relief and development efforts.
Year-End Tax Strategies
The best year-end giving options maximize your impact and provide tax savings, too. Here are four things to think about as December 31 approaches. For more in-depth information, visit the Convoy of Hope Foundation website.
- If you’re 70½ or older, you can donate up to $100,000 directly from your traditional IRA (without adding to your taxable income for 2022) and receive significant tax savings, even if you don’t itemize. If you are 72 or older, this also counts toward your required minimum distribution.
- When you donate appreciated assets you have held for a year or more, such as stock or real estate, you receive a charitable giving deduction for the fair market value of the asset (up to 30% of your adjusted gross income) and normally avoid capital gains tax, too.
- Now is a great time to distribute grants from your Donor Advised Fund to Convoy of Hope. These funds are already set aside for your selected charities, so you can give freely without touching your ready capital.
- All cash gifts dated and postmarked by December 31 also apply to this year’s taxes.
Thank you for standing with Convoy of Hope to feed the hungry, bring hope, and save lives.