Food is freedom
Center for Agriculture & Food Security
Convoy of Hope is passionate about equipping vulnerable individuals, families, and communities with the agricultural education, tools, and seeds they need to produce life-sustaining crops. When we give people the ability of knowing exactly where their next meal is coming from, it opens doors to the future — to freedom. Independence. Resilience. Peace.
To date, more than 55,000 individuals around the world have been resourced with education, tools, and one-on-one coaching through Convoy of Hope’s Agriculture initiative. Now, we have the opportunity to significantly expand our work to meet the rising worldwide need for food security.
“Convoy of Hope has always been dedicated to providing food solutions in challenging situations, and this center will help us do that better than ever before. We are equipped to be on the front lines of innovative solutions to change the world.”
Senior Director, Center for Agriculture & Food Security
Publications & Resources
The Center for Agriculture & Food Security is committed to bringing science to the people and people to the science. Our publications and resources are an integral tool in this process.
of Poverty Through Agricultural Education
The Center for Agriculture & Food Security will exponentially increase Convoy of Hope’s capacity to train and resource people in need. Our goal is to help 100,000 farmers annually by the year 2030.
We hope the center serves as a beacon of hope to participants in the Agriculture initiative — becoming a place of training, demonstration, collaboration, and innovative problem-solving.
Agricultural education at the Center for Agriculture & Food Security will …
- • Increase Convoy of Hope’s capacity and expertise.
- • Accelerate the organization’s progress toward feeding more children and helping more farmers every year.
- • Serve as one of the nation’s most reputable agricultural education training and coaching centers.
- • Showcase farming techniques to help partners catch the vision behind Convoy of Hope’s Agriculture program.
- • Provide resources to assist local churches and communities with agriculture-related questions or issues.
- • Pave the way for building regional agriculture centers around the world.
- • Aid in the creation and implementation of novel training techniques.
- • Contribute exemplary applied research — often alongside collaborators — that will advance agricultural science and innovation.